Post 01: Introduction

     My name is Reagan Buchner. I am 21 years old, and currently a full time student and work full time.

 I work as the office manager for a therapy office in Warner Robins, GA. I am majoring in Early Education, with a final goal of getting an education and music degree. I am aspiring to be a lower level grade music teacher. I have done music all of my life, and currently play four instruments (french horn, trumpet, ukulele, and guitar). 

I am soon going to be purchasing my first home, and I am very excited for this new life journey. I will be living alone and will hopefully adopt and foster different animals once I am settled in. 

Animals are another passion of mine. If it didn't make me so sad, I would most likely go to school to become a vet tech. In my current home, I have four animals. Two dogs and two cats. I have a pitbull named Sky, a chihuahua named Bella, and my two cats are named Willow and Manon.

Manon was a recent adoption! I frequently visit Pawsawhile Cat Cafe in Perry, GA, which is where I met Manon. He is a black DLH (domestic long hair) cat, and he is a little bit special! This is because he only has one eye! He is around 6 years old, and used to have a home. His old family abandoned him, leaving him on the streets for two years. His eye got infected badly, he had glaucoma in his left eye. They tried for months to attempt to save his eye, but ultimately decided for his health and comfort that it would be best to remove the eye entirely. He attached to me at the cat cafe and I could not leave him there any longer! I have been visiting him around twice a week for a month, and finally got to take him home three days ago! I am so excited that I was the person he chose, he is a little shy, so I was very surprised when he came up to me immediately at the cafe.

Once I am able to move out, Manon will come with me. I am so excited to start this journey with him, he is truly my soulmate in animal form! 

Thank you for taking the time to read, mostly about my cat! I am very much looking forward to this semester!



Comments

  1. Thanks for the wonderful introduction, and welcome to the class. I'm impressed by how much you are accomplishing in such short time. I'm confident that you and Manon will do well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment